Monday, November 15, 2010

Book Fair Bonanza


My very first book fair is underway. I was tentative about the book fair. Usually the conversations I hear about book fairs are not positive ones. Maybe I am missing something, but so far it hasn't been a big deal. I scheduled a day for each of my ELA teachers to bring their students and they come with them and help me supervise. In the mornings, during lunch and afterschool I limit the number of visitors so I can monitor by myself. I have a few spectacular, trustworthy student helpers getting me through. The students have been really excited. This is the first fair we have had in a few years. I'm looking forward to seeing how much we make this week.

3 comments:

  1. I finished off my book fair last week -- the last one I'll do in an elementary library as I'll be moving up to the middle school library (yay!) in a few months. Book fairs are a lot of work and quite exhausting, but I find them to be so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been three days and so far, so good. The kids have really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the e-book And congrats on your Book Fair ...
    I have greatly enjoyed having Book Worm Central as my Virginia book fair vendor. They are efficient, courteous, and endlessly helpful. I have always been pleased with the book When I call, I speak to someone who really knows the business and can get me the answers I need. I know the staff’s names and they know mine, unlike some larger companies where I feel like I’m just another unknown customer. I highly recommend Book Worm Central as the best Virginia book fairs experience you will ever have in this area

    ReplyDelete