Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Celebrating Strong Female Characters

March is Women's History Month and I wanted to recognize the month in some way.

I saw this blog post about female characters in books and movies and thought I could adapt this to be similar to the Book Crush display we did for February. I made a simple background inspired by my favorite poster and we are taking pictures of students holding the books they love with strong female characters. My favorite is The Girl Who Owned a City by OT Nelson. I love the character Lisa and imagined myself as her when I read it as a middle schooler. My library helpers are already lining up to be the first to get their pictures made.



If you are looking for books with strong female characters, try this list of children's books and this list of YA books.

No comments:

Post a Comment